- Now that summer is quickly approaching, I have travel on the brain. If you feel the same check out Kate Spades fab city guides.
- Looking for the perfect design icon? Look no further! The Noun Project has you covered.
- Check out DesignLoveFest’s latest wallpaper freebies and set the mood for summer on your desk top.
- I’m obsessed with perfume oils and this one’s got me wishing I could smell it through the monitor. #bloggerproblems
- Do you believe in magic? Gala Darling does and I do too. She explains How A Simple Walk Can Change Your Reality.
- Try The Perfect Summer Lipstick Look by trying Dewy Skin and Velvety Lips. Refinery 29 shows you how.
Whole Foods succulent plant & Ganesh figure / S.W. Basics vegan lip balms in cocoa & citrus / Barr-Co original candle from Antropologie / Bumble & Bumple hair(un)dressing creme / Yarok Feed Your Ends (all natural) leave in conditioner / Nars Orgasm multi-purpose stick / Benefit Browzings / Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer / H&M gold statement necklace / It’s Not How Good You Are. It’s How Good You Want To Be. by Paul Arden / Collins Bridge glasses /
Capture Fashion Editorial | Body Talk
Makeup & Hair by Me
Saturday morning I teamed up with wardrobe stylist & fashion blogger Amanda Del Duca to do hair & makeup for a Capture Fashion editorial. Capture Fashion is “not a street style blog and it is not a fashion magazine”. It’s a fab combination of both. The Sweat and Sparkles mood board Amanda sent over for the Athletic Glam themed shoot was so rad. After going over the deets we agreed that a metallic gold eye with a bold pink lip would be a great way to create serious glam factor.
I’m an avid reader of Capture Fashion- so it was amazing getting an inside look on Amanda’s process. I am LOVING the final images shot by David Lundblad. Check out the full Body Talk editorial and shop the look here.
I recently took a little break from life and decided to go on a staycation. I was feeling overwhelmed and in dire need of mental de-cluttering so I impulsively booked a room at The Standard Hotel and Spa in Miami so I clear my head.
When I first arrived at The Standard I realized I couldn’t have chosen a better spa-resort. The entire property is totally zen-ed out- fully equipped with minimalist rooms, a stellar spa, and tons of wellness infused classes and workshops. My first impulse was to create a rigid schedule jam packed with yoga classes, spa sessions, and take a million photos for my blog. What ended up actually happening is a different story. I actually spent the entire staycation practicing the art of non-doing. Breathing, meditating, cloud watching, laying by the pool, watching the sun set, sleeping in, sipping on wine, jumping in the ocean, eating fresh fruits and veggies, melting into the hot marble hammam…That is it and that is all. What was it not?- Phone calls, social media sharing, shopping, email checking, obsessive documenting. It was quiet and introspective and delicious. Exactly everything I needed.
Where do you go when you need to let it all go?
Via I HATE BLONDE
Not sure where to go for Fashions Night Out in Miami? Check out this roundup of some of the most fab events going on tomorrow night.
• Man Repeller poses the question -Will Pinstagram kill the personal style blog? Inquiring minds want to know…
• When a couple of my favorite bloggers (Nubby Twiglet & Gala Darling) announced their very first blog workshop in New York, I pounced on the opportunity. I’ll be attending Blogcademy this October and I am finding it difficult to contain my excitement.
• Did I mention Blogcademy has really cool brandingtoo?
• Scott Barnes, the makeup magician behind Kim Kardashian’s face, has released his new book Face to Face. I will definitely be adding this one to my home library.
• Moving out on my own made me realize how much work needs to be put into keeping things tidy. Reading Zen Habits post Mindful Simplicity: Decluttering, Cleaning & Leaving No Trace gave me some zen-tastic insight and guidelines on keeping things so fresh and so clean.